Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Quotes I like

"Even in all trouble that God allows - he sees it, weighs it, directs it and fixes a boundary to it! All in all He makes our troubles a matter of tender consideration."
Spurgeon

"A right conception of God is basic not only to systematic theology but to practical Christian living as well...I believe there is scarcely an error in doctrine or failure to applying Christian ethics that cannot be traced finally to imperfect and ignoble thoughts about God."
A.W. Tozer

"The good life exists only when we stop wanting a better one. The itch for things is a virus draining the soul of contentment."
Chuck Swindoll

"Oh God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully aware of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, so that I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, 'Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.' Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen."
A.W. Tozer


1 comment: