Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Turning 40

Turning 40 Some may say that turning 40 means that you are old. Some may say that it’s state of mind and your not old unless you “feel” like it. Well, some days I certainly “feel” old and some days I don’t. I really don’t think that matters. There will always be someone younger than you and someone older. We are all older than when we were yesterday and all of our days are numbered. Beyond being grateful for each day that God gives me, the thing that makes turning 40 a blessing (rather than a curse) is being able to look back at the past 30 or so years and see how the Lord has been my Savior, Provider, Refuge, Joy, Sustainer, and the list goes on. I have for a long time kept a journal (not everyday, but often) and every so often I look back on one of the notebooks and can get a glimpse of what was going on in life and in my heart. I love to read about what I was praying for and how God has answered (or not) those prayers over time. Some struggles are temporary, some continue to be a struggle. God, however, has been faithful and true. The events that have happened in my life over the last 40 years, would probably be rather boring to most people, and mildly interesting to some, but personally being able to look back and see the specific ways that God has seen fit to provide, or in some instances to take away, is truly an amazing thing! In this light, I find it somewhat exciting to see what God has in store for the years that he sees fit to give me whether it be 4 or another 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment